Welcome to Math!
Please take out:
- math folder
- Review Test p. CA 17-20 and scratch paper used
- parent homework (if parent wrote on paper)
Today we will learn about…
1.1 Identifying Integers and Their Opposites, p. 7-9
- Preview video
- Explore Activity 1, p. 7
- Explore Activity 2, p. 8
- Integers and Opposites on a Number Line, p. 9
- Do Guided Practice, p. 10 (1-11).
- Be prepared to share your answer to #11 in class tomorrow.
Per. 1-2 – Reading (8:15-9:58)
What is a Persona?
- Poem #3: Maybe Dats Youwr Pwoblem Too
- Start “What Poetry Can Do” list in spiral, Section I: Reading
- Go over Reading Expectations and Rules
Per. 3 – Study Skills (10:03-10:42)
What is on the School Website?
How can I best use my Agenda?
Welcome to Math with Miss Nichols
We are going to learn a lot this year!
Before you find your seat, go to the far counter and get:
- one colored folder
- a math book
Then go to the seat with your name card and wait quietly for instructions.
1. Write your first and last name on the sticker with a marker.
2. Put the marker back in the set. You are now done with the markers.
3. Place the sticker on the front of your colored folder.
4. Carefully tear out pages 1-70, one bit at a time. Keep the pages in order.
5. Open the brads in the folder and put pages 1-70 in and close them up.
6. Carefully tear out the Review Test on pages CA 17-20 of your math book. Write your first and last name on them in pencil and begin working on this Review Test.
What you do not finish in class is homework for the weekend. All four pages are due Monday.
1. Review Test p. CA 17-20.
2. Parent Homework: Give parent sheet or ask them to check their email for the same thing. They can respond to me by email or on the paper. This is also due Monday or as soon as they can get to it.
Per. 1 (8:15-9:05)
- Agenda, open to this week
- Summer Reading Assignment (if not already turned in)
- Parent Packet Strip (if not already turned in)
- Writing Survey
Check that your name is on each item.
Begin working on the Reading Survey that is on your desk.
8:30 – First Team Yale Huddle in Auditorium
Per. 2 (9:08-9:58)
Poem of the Day: You Can’t Write a Poem About McDonald’s
Per. 3 (10:03-10:42)
Intro to Booktalks / Things I Want to Read list
Finding and checking out books
Intro to daily reading homework (write this in agenda):
- Pages read: ____ to ____
- 2-sentence summary
- Parent signature
Remember to bring your book back to school with you everyday!
Per. 1-2 (8:15-9:30)
Poem of the Day: You Reading This, Be Ready by William Stafford
Team Yale Code of Conduct slideshow
How does Talking in the Classroom affect everyone’s learning?
Per. 4 (9:34-10:08)
Per. 7 (10:11-10:46)
Writing Expectations and Rules
Per. 6 & 8 (11:36-12:50)
Letter from Miss Nichols
Write a letter to Miss Nichols