Tuesday 6/6/17 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Per. 1-2 (8:15-9:58)
Please Take Out:
Bitly check-in on group cause page traffic. Are you still promoting your pages?
Check TO DO assignments on Classroom. Many have not turned in recent assignments, which will affect final grades. All work is due by Thursday night.
- Why and how do some poems reflect a reader’s thoughts and feelings more than others?
- Which poem (from the packet) most resembles your thoughts and feelings?
- Why did you connect with this poem?
Today you will create a self-portrait poem:
- What are some ways to get started?
- How can you use similes and metaphors to describe various aspects of yourself?
- What are some of the author’s experiences in the poems in your packet? How do your experiences compare with the author’s experiences?
Share and discuss:
- What do you like about your partner’s poem?
- What similes and metaphors stand out?
- What does the self-portrait reveal about the author?
Do No Red Ink when finished.
- Read 30+ pages in a book of your choice and log in agenda.
- Finish and turn in any assignments on Classroom and StudySync that you have not completed yet.
Per. 3 (10:03-10:42)
- Choose another Digital Breakout game to do