September 6 2017
Weds.-Thurs. 9/6-9/7/17 – Math
Welcome to Math!
Please take out:
- Unit 1 packet
- math spiral
- Recreate the horizontal number line on p. 7 as a vertical number line on the side / HW Check
Lesson: 1.1 Identifying Integers and Their Opposites
Learning Target: Students will be able to describe how to identify an integer and its opposite.
- Explore Activity 2, p. 8
- Does every integer have an opposite? Explain.
- How does a number line help you understand what the opposite of an integer is?
- Bank accounts: withdraw, deposit
- Tell your partner: How do you find the opposite of an integer?
- Integers and Opposites on a Number Line, Example 1, p. 9
- Is the opposite of a temperature always colder? Explain.
- Is the opposite of an opposite always the number you started with? Give an example.
- Do Your Turn, p. 10 (6-11)
- Do Guided Practice, p. 10 (1-11).
- Do Independent Practice p. 11-12 (odds).
- Do Independent Practice p. 11-12 (evens).
(Switch name cards for next class.)