September 11 2017
Monday 9/11/17 – Math
Welcome to Math!
Please take out:
- Unit 1 packet
Lesson: 1.2 Comparing and Ordering Integers
Learning Target: Students will be able to explain how to compare and order integers.
- Ordering Positive and Negative Integers, p. 14
- How does a number line help you order a set of integers?
- What is the best score Fred recorded for the week and when does it occur? How do you know?
- How do integers change as you move farther left from zero on the number line?
Do Your Turn, p.14 (2-3)
- What do the following changes in stock prices mean? -$5, $4, and $0?
- Writing Inequalities, p. 15 – Math on the Spot Video & Example 2
- Can you always write two different inequality statements to compare two numbers with different values? Explain.
- If -1 is the greatest negative integer, is there a least negative integer? Explain.
- Do Your Turn, p. 15 (4-8)
- Remember that an inequality sign always points to the lesser of two numbers.
- The mouth is always open to the bigger number.
How is a number line used to compare and order integers?
- Do Guided Practice, p. 16 (odds)
- Do Independent Practice, p. 17-18 (odds)
- Do p. 16-18 (evens).
- Get 1.1 Quiz signed by parent.
(Switch name cards for next class.)