Friday 10/6/17 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Please take out:
- Things I Want to Read list
- independent reading book
Per. 1 (8:15-9:09)
Reading Minute: George’s Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl
Learning Target: Students will be able to sustain attention and focus on independent reading the entire time.
- Independent Reading
- Log on Biblionasium
Per. 2 (9:12-10:00)
Learning Target: Students will be able to apply what they know about ACE to creating longer and more detailed responses.
Close Read: Hatchet – Write
- Proofread Essay
- Rate self with Rubric
- Constructive Peer Reviews
- Read 20+ pages and log on Biblionasium (2+days):
- Book title
- Page #s you read (p. ____ to p. ____)
- Big Thing that Happened (1-2 sentences: Who? What? When? Where?) + 1 connection or 1 new word and how you guessed its meaning using context clues or 1 visualization
- Finish Conference Presentation and turn in on Classroom.
Per. 3 (10:03-10:51)
Learning Target: Students will be able to navigate the Britannica Online resources and utilize them to support their learning.
- Apply: Choose a topic to compare results from Britannica and Google
No Red Ink (if time)