Monday 10/16/17 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Please take out:
- Things I Want to Read list
- independent reading book
Per. 1 (8:15-9:09)
Reading Minute: Maroo of the Winter Caves by Ann Turnbull
Learning Target: Students will be able to sustain attention and focus on independent reading the entire time.
- Independent Reading / Reading Log Points
Per. 2 (9:12-10:00)
Learning Target: Students will be able to use Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meanings of words.
- Read 20+ pages and log on Biblionasium:
- Book title
- Page #s you read (p. ____ to p. ____)
- Big Thing that Happened (1-2 sentences: Who? What? When? Where?)+ 1 inference, connection, visualization, or new word and how you guessed its meaning
- Finish Greek and Latin Affixes and Roots lesson and turn in on Classroom.
Per. 3 (10:03-10:51)
Learning Target: Students will be able to develop good research questions for their upcoming project.
Post your best research question on this Padlet wall
No Red Ink (if time)