Wednesday 2/21/18 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Please take out:
- Freedom Walkers book
Per. 2 (8:15-9:29)
Practice partner dialogues for Pullman Strike, record directly into Padlet
Learning Target: Students will be able to independently read and comprehend an informational text by determining word meanings from context clues and noting key passages.
Read Freedom Walkers Ch. 7 – Walking to Victory
When finished, open Freedom Walkers Ch. 7 notes
- Jot down three unfamiliar words (with page numbers) and guess their meanings using context clues
- Note the passage you thought was most important to the chapter and why
- ACE Close Read questions
- Read 25+ pages and log on Biblionasium:
- p. ____ to p. ____
- Big Thing that Happened (1-2 sentences: Who? What? When? Where?) + 1 question, prediction, inference, connection, visualization, or new word and how you guessed its meaning
- Finish all work on Classroom and StudySync and turn in!
- Bengal News
- Plaid Clothing Spirit Count
Finish making quilt pieces