Thursday 2/22/18 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Please take out:
Per. 3 (9:33-10:47) – Speech and Debate
Learning Target: Students will be able to research and plan PRO and CON arguments for a new debate topic.
Choose new topics:
- Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted?
- Should People Become Vegetarian?
- Should All Americans Have the Right to Health Care?
- Is Refusing to Stand for the National Anthem an Appropriate Form of Protest?
- Is a College Education Worth It?
- Should Sanctuary Cities Receive Federal Funding?
Bring up your new Debate Graphic Organizer to take notes on PRO and then CON arguments, reasons, and evidence (no Counterarguments yet).
Per. 1 (11:36-12:50) – Language Arts
Please take out:
Learning Target: Students will be able to compare three different presentations of a text as it is written, sung, and performed.
Open Lift Every Voice and Sing assignment on SS
Intro: paragraph, video, vocab
Read the poem
Annotate evidence while answering Comp and Think questions
- Jot notes on which parts of the text affected you the most
- Listen to the poem performed as a song; jot notes for this, focusing on anything new that stood out to you, or differences between the two versions
- View the performance; jot notes for this, focusing on anything new that stood out to you, or differences between the three versions
- Write a main idea (topic) sentence for your paragraph
- Write a concluding sentence (reiterate the main idea/topic)
- Read 25+ pages and log on Biblionasium:
- p. ____ to p. ____
- Big Thing that Happened (1-2 sentences: Who? What? When? Where?) + 1 question, prediction, inference, connection, visualization, or new word and how you guessed its meaning
- Finish work on Classroom and StudySync.