June 5 2018
Tuesday 6/5/18 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Please take out:
Per. 1-2 (8:15-10:00) – Language Arts
Learning Target: Students will be able to demonstrate active listening.
“Walk a Mile” read aloud
- Plan the angle you want to take on the topic of community
- Decide on the message you want to get across
- Plan the features (words and images) you will use in your poster to convey this message
Per. 3 (10:03-10:51) – Creative Writing
Learning Target: Students will be able to turn agreed-upon ideas from their Beat Sheets into pages of script.
Collaborative Screenwriting Draft document
- Scriptwriting Rubric
- Finish 12-page draft
- Revise: Do a table read to see where the story goes too fast or slow
- Add or take out dialogue and actions as needed
- Edit for spelling, grammar, punctuation, formatting
- Peer Review form
- Read 30+ pages and log on Biblionasium:
- Book title
- Page #s you read (p. ____ to p. ____)
- Big Thing that Happened (1-2 sentences: Who? What? When? Where?) + 1 question, prediction, inference, connection, visualization, or new word and how you guessed its meaning
- Finish all assignments on Classroom and StudySync.