Tuesday 10/23/18 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Please come in quietly and take out:
- Hatchet book
- headphones / earbuds
Per. 1 (8:15-9:05) – Language Arts
Learning Target: Students will be able to analyze how a particular passage contributes to the development of the theme of a text.
- What is the Magic of Mistakes?
- Read and annotate Hatchet Ch. 14
- Discuss Resilience
- Theme Analysis
Per. 2 (9:08-9:56) – Independent Reading
Biblionasium check: Are you reading 20+ pages 5+ days a week? Are you including the BTH (2-3 sentences), 1 thinking strategy, and the actual page numbers at the end of your comment?
- Read 20+ pages and log (on Biblionasium/Destiny):
- p. ____ to p. ____
- BTH (1-2 sentences: Who? What? When? Where?) + 1 visualization, thick question, use of context clues, or inference
- Finish Hatchet Ch. 14 notes.
- Academic Vocab Lesson 2 (due next Friday).
Per. 3 (10:01-10:49) – Digital and Information Literacy
The Research Process
Learning Target: Students will be able to choose a suitable topic for a research project.
Examine Research Topics:
- Which are too broad?
- Which are too narrow?
- Which are just right for our project?
Open Research Process – Planning doc on Classroom