Tuesday 5/14/19 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Please come in quietly and take out:
Learning Target: Students will be able to brainstorm and agree on the parts of their collaborative script.
- RISING ACTION: 4. Into the Wide Unknown
- 5. Having Fun
- 6. Midpoint
Watch Digital Storytelling videos, offer feedback
Per. 1 (12:30-2:08)
Open The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street – Act I, Part 1 on Classroom
- Read Part 1 aloud (p.3 – bottom of p. 6)
- Close Read Questions
Continue working on Group Fable Poster:
- Select the fable you feel is most relevant to middle school students today and explain why.
- Create a poster that illustrates three reasons, examples, and/or elaboration and be ready to present to the class.
- Read 30+ pages and log on Biblionasium:
- Book title
- Page #s you read (p. ____ to p. ____)
- Big Thing that Happened (1-2 sentences: Who? What? When? Where?) + 1 question, prediction, inference, connection, visualization, or new word and how you guessed its meaning
- Bengal News
- Prepare Scavenger Hunt for Open House by adding links (be sure links are set to “anyone can view”)