Tuesday 6/4/19 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Please come in quietly and take out:
- “Monsters Are Due” teleplay
Per. 1 (8:15-9:05) – Language Arts
Learning Target: Students will be able to compare and contrast a story told in different media.
Open “Monsters Are Due on Maple Street” Screening doc on Classroom
- Apply: Read this synopsis about the 2002 remake of Monsters.
- What kind of changes do you notice?
- Why do you think the writers/directors made those changes?
Per. 2 (9:08-9:56) – Language Arts
Silent reading when finished
Per. 3 (10:01-10:49) – Creative Writing
Learning Target: Students will be able to turn agreed-upon ideas from their Beat Sheets into pages of script.
Complete the Scriptwriting Evaluation and Reflection (on Classroom)
- Open Collaborative Screenwriting Draft document
- All is Lost
- Final Push
- Closing Scene (Resolution)
- Finished with your script? Read Revision Frenzy for next steps and grade yourself with Rubric
- Read 30+ pages and log on Biblionasium:
- Book title
- Page #s you read (p. ____ to p. ____)
- Big Thing that Happened (1-2 sentences: Who? What? When? Where?) + 1 question, prediction, inference, connection, visualization, or new word and how you guessed its meaning
- Finish all assignments on Classroom and StudySync.