Thursday 6/6/19 – Language Arts
Good Morning, Class!
Please come in quietly and take out:
Per. 3 (9:33-10:47)
Learning Target: Students will perform a read-through of their scripts.
- Choose roles and highlight parts
- Read-through at table
- Read for class
Per. 1 (11:36-12:50)
Learning Target: Students will be able to create a poster displaying a category of book award for one of the books they have read this year.
What types of book awards have you heard of?
What kinds of categories are there for book awards?
- Best Fiction Series
- Best Illustrations
- Most Humorous Picture Book
- Best Lesson Learned
- Book With the Bravest Character
- Most Unpredictable Story
- Favorite Action-Adventure Chapter Book
- Favorite Mixed-Up Fairy Tale
- Most Interesting Biography
- Book With a Character Who Changes the Most From Beginning to End
- Book With the Best Hero
- Book With the Best Example of Teamwork
- Book With the Most Descriptive Language
- Best Holiday Story
- Choose a book that you read this year for your independent reading that you think deserves an award. What kind of award would it be?
- Create a poster with important elements from the book as well as your award stamp or seal