April 15 2019
Monday 4/15-4/16/19 – Math
Welcome to Math!
Please come in quietly and take out:
- spiral notebook
Warm-Up: Atlantean Dodgeball video
- What math words or concepts did you see in the animation?
- What do you remember about ratios from Bad Date?
- Compare and contrast how the two coaches were comparing the different sizes of the teams throughout the game.
- Why is it more useful for the coaches to look at the ratio of players on the teams rather than the difference in the number of players on the teams?
Write down today’s date (in a box) and lesson title:
SBAC Math Review #4 – Percents
Learning Target: Students will be able to solve problems involving percents.
Open in Classroom – Formative: Percents
- Using Tape Diagrams
Review Ratios & Proportional Relationships IAB
- Use percents
- Ice Ice Maybe (Percents)
- Find percents – calculator
- Using Ratio Reasoning to Convert Measurement Units
- Converting Customary Units of Length
- Converting Metric Units of Length, Mass, and Capacity
- Calculating Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Finding a Percent to Solve Problems
- Converting Customary Units of Mass and Capacity
- Do 6.RP: first cluster assignment on my.hrw.com.
- Do as many of the choice activities as you would like.