April 9 2020

Thursday 4/9/20 – Math

Welcome to Math!

Bitmoji Image

Notes:

1. Today we will have ZOOM at NOON for the Expected Group and at 12:30 for Accelerated. (See Google Calendar or Classroom for the link and password to join the meeting.)
  2. Do the Google Calendar for Time Management assignment on Classroom, if you haven’t done it yet.
  3. On Mondays and Wednesdays, you are doing 30 minutes of math practice on IXL. See assignment on Classroom for details.
  4. Both Groups: Always start by catching up on any assignments still on your my.hrw.com dashboard.
  5. My office hours are from noon-3:00pm Monday-Friday. You can email me with questions about the lessons. Screenshot the problem you are working on.
  6. SUPERHERO CLOTHING DAY: just for fun, wear superhero clothing/costume for tomorrow (Friday’s) Zoom calls with all three teachers. Let’s see how many we can get!

Expected -12.3: Writing Equations from Tables

1. On my.hrw.com, open 12.3: Writing Equations from Tables and do greenbluepurple parts of lesson before today’s Zoom session.
  2. Attend today’s ZOOM session at NOON.
  3. Do 12.3 ISE orange and red whistles.
  4. Legends of Learning – Awakening games are for when you have finished everything on my.hrw.com. (See 12.2-12.4: Independent and Dependent Variables assignment on Classroom for login instructions.)
  5. Remember that Friday is a day for catching up on late/unfinished work. You can also practice on IXL or do more Legends of Learning if you are all caught up.

Accelerated – Modules 1 & 3: Integers & Rational Numbers Review

1. On my.hrw.com finish 6.NS: third cluster
  2. Play Legends of Learning – Awakening when you have finished everything on my.hrw.com. (See Modules 1 & 3: Integers & Rational Numbers assignment on Classroom for login instructions.)
  3. Join me on Zoom today at 12:30 for another activity!
  4. Remember that Friday is a day for catching up on late/unfinished work. You can also practice on IXL or do more Legends of Learning if you are all caught up.

As always, email me if you have any questions!

Bitmoji Image

Posted April 9, 2020 by missnichols in category Math, Miss Nichols' posts

About the Author

I am a teacher of 6th grade honors language arts and math at Jane Addams Middle School in Lawndale, CA.